These awards are open to any Fintech Startup, Hub, Incubator/Accelerator or Venture Capital firm operating in Australia. FinTech Australia uses EY’s “C.L.A.S.S.I.C.” framework to define a Fintech Startup – for more information see the EY FinTech Australia Census.
1) Excellence in Business Lending
Description: This award recognises the fintech that has generated outstanding B2B lending results through innovative yet stable, sustainable operations, and their ability to serve their clients while sustaining sound financial performance. This category is not restricted by Business model – e.g. entrants can include innovative lending aggregation platforms, peer-to-peer lending, balance sheet lending, invoice financing, etc.
2) Excellence in Consumer Lending
Description: This award recognises the fintech that has generated outstanding B2C lending results through innovative yet stable, sustainable operations, and their ability to serve their clients while sustaining sound financial performance. This category is not restricted by Business model – e.g. entrants can include innovative lending aggregation platforms, peer-to-peer lending, balance sheet lending, just-in-time lending, etc.
3) Excellence in Crowdfunding
Description: This award recognises the crowdfunding platform that has delivered a large number of successful fundraising campaigns whilst maintaining superior customer experience and upholding rigorous compliance standards. This does not only recognise how much was raised, but can also include aspects such as the user-friendliness of the platform and reach in the market to complete fundraising.
4) Excellence in Payments (including Remittance/FX)
Description: This award is for the fintech payments provider with the most innovative, efficient and secure service as experienced by their clients transacting across a wide range of use cases and/or geographic locations. Entrants can be either B2B and B2C services.
5) Excellence in Blockchain/Distributed Ledger and Digital Currencies/Wallets/Exchanges
Description: This award recognises the fintech with the most successful and innovative application of Blockchain/Distributed Ledger in financial services (or adjacent areas) or a Digital Currencies/Wallets/Exchanges fintech that has experienced the highest growth and recognition, offers the widest functionality for payments and strongest security and compliance standards.
Completed pilots can also be included in this category.
6) Excellence in Insurtech
Description: This award recognises the insurtech that has demonstrated the most innovative technologically-enabled advances in the insurance industry. Indicators such as new ways of distribution, competitiveness of underwriting and pricing, ease of making purchases, claims management and use of data in new ways along with growth can be included.
7) Excellence in Regtech
Description: This award recognises the regtech that has demonstrated the best technology to manage the regulatory processes within the financial industry. The main functions being on solutions to better regulatory monitoring, reporting, and compliance. The innovative use of cloud computing technology through software-as-a-service (SaaS) to help businesses comply with regulations efficiently and less expensively.
8) Excellence in Wealth Management (including PFM and Robo)
Description: This award recognises the fintech providing the most innovative, cost-effective and high- quality Investment and Wealth Management solution, either direct to consumer or to the financial advice and wealth management industry. This can also include asset management solutions.
Criteria – Categories 1-7: Please answer the following questions for each category (max of 300 words per question):
- Describe your product/service. Which customer segments does it serve in what markets, and what benefit does it deliver to each segment?
- How does your product/service realise these benefits for your customers more effectively than other substitute products and competitors? Describe how your business model creates a sustainable competitive advantage in your chosen market, and how it will position you for future growth into other product, customer or market segments.
- How have you financed your operations? Where relevant, highlight how your financing approach has delivered benefits for your business and/or your customers.
- Please provide a summary of your key success or growth metrics (e.g. revenue, customers, churn, customer satisfaction etc) that you feel comfortable sharing.
- Please also provide 1-3 examples of customer testimonials, marketing collateral or other sources of information (such as any audited financial or business metrics and/or statements, or third-party independent party reports) as evidence to support your answers.
N.B. Please provide information in 1 collated PDF. (Max file size 5 MB)